Thursday, July 07, 2011

On a happier note...

HARRY POTTER! 

It's nearly here, a week tomorrow will finally get to watch the second of the finale! After 10 years of films, it's nearly time to say goodbye. I for one am really not looking forward to it. Having read all the books repeatedly and eagerly waiting and having the excitement of all the books, for it to be the last film. The reality is for a lot of people, including me, it's been a huge part of their lives. 

We've grown up with them. Laughed with them. Cried with them. It's going be to strange that there is going to be no more... 

I love the characters, the actors (apart from one) and the films. I've been there at mid-night in the queues to watch of people buying the books. It's been apart of my life and something that me and my sister having nearly always watched together and race to who would finish the book first to talk about it. I have the excitement of seeing the film in 3D IMAX (I've never seen anything in IMAX), I'm a bit scared because I know I'm going to jump at things flying out (I hope there won't be). I'll be prepared with the tissues to cry as much as I did to the book...but one line from Julie Walter's, Molly, will definitely make up for all of that! "Not my daughter, YOU BITCH!"

One day when the re-make the series of films, I hope to watch them and rant about how they aren't as good as the original. And again rip them apart for things they've missed out of the book. This is why I haven't re-read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows recently, so that I won't do this straight after. 
It's part of the experience of the love of the books.

"Where you treasure is, there your heart will also be" Albus Dumbledore

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love, love Harry Potter. I got midnight tickets like three weeks ago! I used to read them repeatedly, but after the last one - the series just died for me... I don't know why :P
    See you around.

    ReplyDelete