Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

The long awaiting end to the series arrived and it certainly went out with something special!

Finally after 10 years of Warner Brother's releasing of the first film, they've finally released the final piece to the collection of films. For those who have read the books religiously this film is very true to the book, in-comparison to a lot of the others. They've obviously changed somethings, the script writers always do. But they kept in Molly's line "Not my daughter, you bitch", which I wrote about previously, which made me chuckle through the tears of emotion from the narrative.

I have to admit, I was worried about whether this film would live up to the book and to be honest the team that worked on it are amazing for how brilliantly produced the final film is. 

The CGI/Special Effects in this film particularly is bloody brilliant. The scenes with the fight scenes especially if you compare them to the original green screen footage. The camera movements, sound; everything is seamless and has that same magically feeling that I felt when I watched the first film.

I think this film is the best for acting especially because I feel the characters grow the most within the book and that is portrayed in the film. For example, seeing Neville complete character transformation, Molly becoming the protector and Ron and Hermione finally getting together. These are something that made me so happy! Harry, of course, grows up massively to become the 'powerful' wizard to defeat Voldemort.
 There is only two things I truly feel they should have shown more in both parts is Lupin and Tonk's relationship and obviously PotterWatch which made the first half of the book for me.

Before I went to watch I have to admit I did read up to see if the epilogue of the book '19 years later' would be the final scene of the film so I was expecting it. The transformations of the actors to make them look older was remarkable, I think it only truly worked on the male actors mainly. Bonnie (Ginny) is quite convincing but I think they could of done something more with Emma (Hermione).

I went to watch it in IMAX 3D and I am so grateful that they didn't have anything flying out of the screen. I think it brought the characters to life even more, if you get chance to go see it in IMAX 3D jump at the chance. It's something truly magical.

I am huge HP fan (books & films) and I certainly am going to miss the series now it's fully come to the end. 

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living and above all, those who live without love."
 Albus Dumbledore

No comments:

Post a Comment