Friday, August 05, 2011

Julie & Julia

Amy Adams character Julie is starting a blog as a way to use her writing skills, after being in a boring job. She comes to the conclusion that she that she will cook Amy Adams character Julie is starting a blog as a way to use her writing skills, after being in a boring job. She comes to the conclusion that she that she will cook all of the 524 recipes from Julia Child's (Meryl Streep) cookbook in 365 days. It shows the negative sides and the positive side of her journey and of Child’s life as well

The films based on a true story of the Julie/Julia Project. I love the fact that is because it adds depth to the whole film and it has the feeling of being based on truth from the way that it has the screenwriters have written the script. The film allows the audience to learn about two people’s whole lives and the parallels between their lives! I love the way that the film is shot and the music that the have added in is brilliant for the feeling of the whole film!

One reason I love this film so much is the acting between Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci. I think because they are so close, playing a married couple in this film is brilliant as they have a buzz when they are on screen together!

It is definitely a girlie film and such an entertaining film to watch! There is a scene with Julie having to cook lobsters, which is so entertaining from how screamish her character is!

Even though when I watched it first time I found the ending is a bit disappointing because I was hoping for something else to happen. If you watch the film you shall see for yourself what I mean. The one thing that I must warn you about this film is that it will make you hungry from all the lovely food that they cook! It’s one to watch with a bar of chocolate, or a three-course meal to stop you feeling the hunger!

“You are the butter to my bread, you are the breath to my life”

No comments:

Post a Comment