Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today...

So today I took my sister to the bus stop in newport to see her off on her adventure to climb Killimanjaro! For a fair few months now she's been raising money for our local hospice St Anne's that looked after our grandad and auntie before they died of cancer. Although I was very young when they died, I know understand how much work, looking after and support they provide for those ill and their families. In a fair few months she's raised nearly a thousand pounds (including the gift aid)! I'm so unbelievably proud of her and all she's done!

When I saw her off today, I welled up with tears because I know what she's doing is an amazing once in a lifetime chance to do this. I know how hard she's worked and trained in order to be fit and ready to do the climb so I felt so proud seeing her off and I'll be the same when I go with my dad to collect her from the airport. I really hope she enjoys and loves every second she's climbing! Me and Tom put the Bare Necessities on her Ipod to cheer her up if she's having a bad day. But I'm sure with Steven Fry reading Harry Potter, she'll be happy!

I think family is the most important thing in the world and they should be appreciated and loved. Family feud's pull families apart but knowing that even though families argue they'll always be a deep love, even if people won't admit it. Love, Respect and Family, they are things that within every culture, religion and in everyones heart.

To quote E E Cummings:

I carry your heart with me. I carry it in my heart. I am never without it. Anywhere I go, you go, my dear. And whatever is done by only me... is your doing, my darling. I fear no fate... for you are my fate, my sweet. I want no world, for, beautiful... you are my world, my true. Here is the deepest secret no one knows. Here is the root of the root... and the bud of the bud... and the sky of the sky of a tree called life... which grows higher than the soul can hope... or mind can hide. It is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart. I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment