Friday, December 09, 2011

Twilight Breaking Dawn

So they long awaited film has been released...

I loved Eclipse so I was hoping this would live up to the standard and even though there were a few cheesy parts to it, I thought it was very enjoyable! I always find the problem with adapting book to film is that its hard to live up to how readers can visualize what they read. I didn't really have the problem with the film except they could of done more with the wolf packs conversations with each other when their in formation. 

I thought they way they had chosen to set up the whole wedding was beautiful, it was how I pictured it when reading the book. But more than anything in that scene was how Billy Burke acted as Charlie was what I loved most about the scene, the awkward, funny but proud dad. The whole thing was shot absolutely beautifully, I've thought that about the whole saga but this one especially was. After the wedding and going on to the honeymoon, my honest opinion was some of it was very cheesy. Personally, they should of up the rating of the film to make it less so. I think it might of been just being surrounded by giggling teenagers who have no idea about relationships when watching the scene but it could of been a higher rating.

Later on in the film when Bella is having her bones broken by the baby, I honestly felt a bit sick from the sound. The showing I went to had adults that had taken their early teens to see it and all I could think when I left is they'll probably have nightmares from that as it was quite graphic. Admittedly it is has the dark side that the book had and the could of easily made even more so.

It was a very good translation from book to film, like the others were. Just now have to wait a year for the final installment of the series...

No comments:

Post a Comment