Monday, February 27, 2012

From Baghdad, With Love

I was given this book to read by mum and it truly is beautiful and moving real-life story...

It's the story of Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman and the rest of his squadron discovering an innocent puppy in amongst the darkness that is war. This book discusses the horror that is war and is a real eye-opener. He describes all the rights and wrongs that they are told to follow, including the law that forbids them to keep him as a pet. When they know that they shouldn't become attached to this little puppy and the know the harsh reality of what they've been told they should do to it, none of them want to. It's truly moving to read about how much happiness an innocent animal can bring to all of them.

The Lieutenant tries not to become attached to him, keeping the puppy at a distance but slowly his love for Lava turns into a struggle to hide/protect and save him. It portrays the lengths and depths that man will go to for his best friend. It discusses his every plan to keep Lava safe as he comes up against so many obstacles trying to keep Lava a secret from higher powers and from the terror that is all around them. It also gives you hope at how many people want to help, it is actually quite incredible.

There aren't enough words I can write about this book because it is so emotional and had me in tears reading it. But I cannot say to much because I think people should read it for themselves. I truly cannot describe how incredible this book is. This is one of the best books that I have read, I literally could not put it down from the start because I want to know what happened. It really is a roller-coaster of a book. It honestly recommend that everyone should read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment